Frittatas are a quick and healthy way to start the day. They’re also a great way to clear out (and enjoy) any lingering vegetables from the back of your fridge! Simply saute some veggies, pour in some beaten eggs, cook on the stove-top and then finish it off under the broiler. Think scrambled eggs poured over a medley of vegetables, meats and cheeses. Simple!
- 2 tbsp of butter or olive oil
- 4-5 pastured eggs
- 1 lb. winter or summer squash
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh or dried herbs
- Saute onions & tomatoes in butter or olive oil until softened.
- Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and a splash of milk (optional) together before pouring over the onion & tomato medley. Add in fresh or dried herbs if desired and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Cover and cook until the eggs have set. Remove the pan from the stovetop and place inside the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes before serving.
About Good Eggs:
Good Eggs combines the goodness of the farmers market with the convenience of an online grocery store. With free delivery to your door! Shop direct from more than 100 local farmers, fishers, dairies, butchers, bakers and more, and your groceries will be made or harvested to order and delivered to your doorstep for free!
Order up something good: GoodEggs.com