This is a fantastic “go-to” recipe when you need a quick, flavorful and healthy meal. If you love it as much as we do you’ll want to make it again and again. If this is the case, mix up a much larger batch of blackening powder. Having it premade will decrease your prep time.
- Tilapia filets
- Olive oil
Blackening Powder Recipe:
- 1-3 tablespoon smoked paprika (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Mix dry ingredients to create blackening powder.
- Moisten each side of every tilapia filet (either with cooking spray or water), and coat with about 1 tablespoon of blackening powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil per filet in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is almost smoking, add filets and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove from pan and enjoy with vegetables and a healthy carbohydrate selection.